Brand new Lucas C40 Type dynamo made by Lucas TRV in India.
The Dynalite offers around 80% more power whilst at the same time reducing weight by about 40%. Not only do you get the advantages of an alternator but reliability is improved even further as the control box is no longer needed and can be removed or just bypassed if you want to retain the under bonnet look of your classic car.
• Every single Dynalite has been designed, built and tested on the vehicle by Auto Electricians, with specialist knowledge of Classic British and European cars.
• The Dynalite has been purposely designed to look exactly like the original unit, for those who want increased performance but wish to keep the authentic, original appearance of their car.
• The Dynalite performs like a modern alternator, and will charge across all rev ranges.
• The Dynalite will produce up to 40 amps – a huge increase on the original unit, sometimes as high as 40%.
• Approximately half the weight of the original dynamo.
• All units supplied with a wiring diagram and comprehensive fitting instructions.
• All units are supplied with a one year warranty
This is a brand new, not a reconditioned dynamo, available as an outright purchase (we don't require your old one back). All new dynamo's are configured for Negative earth, but can easily be re-polarised. Please contact us for information if you are not familiar with how to achieve this. You will need to swap your existing dynamo pulley to this new unit. A new pulley retaining nut, spring washer and woodruff key are included.
It’s easy to buy our products online! Find the product you want via the departments which can be found on the top banner, or the search facility if you know our part number/ Lucas number, or keyword. Please remember to add the forward-slash and not to put in any spaces in between the letters and numbers. e.g CG/085.002. If the product still can't be found try removing the code in front of the forward slash. e.g. 085.002.
To buy a product, click on the `Add to Basket` button on the individual product page.
You will then be taken to your own personal `Shopping Basket`, which gives you a running total of the goods you are planning to purchase. You can either continue shopping or `Proceed To Checkout`. Your Shopping Basket is also viewed on the right hand side of every page showing the quantity and cost of your order including postage. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any help.
Order by phone
Please call +44 (0) 1885 488 488 between 9 and 5 (UK time) Monday to Friday to speak to one our sales team.
Visit our shop
We also have a shop at Bromyard, so if you live nearby, or are in the area please call.
Holden Vintage & Classic, Linton Trading Estate, Bromyard, Herefordshire, HR7 7QT, United Kingdom
Open 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday, 9.30am and 12 noon Saturday. We are closed Bank Holidays.
Delivery charges are based on the value and weight of your order and your location.
Your available delivery options will always be shown to you at the checkout.
More about our delivery methods can be found here
If any of our products develop a fault as a consequence of faulty workmanship or faulty materials within twelve months from the date of purchase, they may be returned to us with the original invoice, and a covering letter explaining the problem. On receipt of the returned goods, we will, at our discretion, replace or repair the item/s and return it/them to you. We do not refund your cost of returning the goods to us.
NB We do not refund postage costs for items returned for refund unless they are faulty.